Day 4 – Medicine Hat to Gull Lake – Album 2
- Dedication was for Dominic Rooney – nephew to Shannon and Erin, both riders with us. Erin is the rider who spoke. Dominic’s parents were present (wearing black “DominicStrong” sweatshirts).
- Dominic’s father brought a video from Kaila Gable, a young lady who is doing well, in remission. She was undergoing treatment when the riders came through last year, and knowing about the what the riders were doing helped her get through treatment. I’m told that video will be sent to you or someone in head office.
- Friends of Erin in PiaPot each received one of the Mark’s mother’s capes (she sewed a bunch of superhero capes for us and to hand out), because they helped us out greatly on the ride. They followed us to the Sask border from Medicine Hat.
- Tracy bought a pair of thongs from the PiaPot Saloon (our lunch stop host) and got a good laugh from everyone. She said she was going to pass them on to other riders.
- “Ice Cream” shots: Jeff Rushton promised all the riders ice cream at the following stop. We got there with much anticipation and it was closed (why Jeff has a mopey face